Interesting Facts About Alaska
1 year ago Sumit Gupta 3
Interesting Facts About Alaska. This article belongs to the most rarest part of the globe, that is Alaska. It is located in northwest of Canada. Alaska is the least populated Provence of USA which has no border with USA main land.
When we think about Alaska lots of images comes in our mind such as diverse terrain of open spaces, mountains and forests. There are many abundant wildlife and small towns. Before 1867 Alaska was part of Russia. In 1867 USA bought it for $ 70 millions from Russia after that it become the part of USA.
Please find more Interesting Facts About Alaska in below lines.
- Alaska is too large in area So, you could fit New Jersey more than 75 times in it.Alaska is the largest province of USA which is equal to Germany in area.
- It is very famous in Alaska that a cat was named Stubbs was the mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska for 15 years. But it is a rumor it is not fact actually.
- There is a place in Alaska where pizza delivered by planes due to rear population, diverse terrains and mountains.
- It is very surprising to hear that Alaska has also a sand desert. This Sand desert dunes is over 150 feet high. Kobuk Valley National Park has sand dunes.
- Alaska had removed the ban on the use of intoxicating things,since 1975.
- Alaska is also known for the rape capital of USA.
- Computer keyboards of Alaska are in alphabetical order .
- The distance between Alaska and Russia is only 2 miles.
- It is impossible to reach the capital of Alaska by road due to bad climatic conditions and mountains.
- Alaska is the major producer of petroleum. It provides about 20 percent of oil consumption of whole USA.
- Alaska is also famous for earth quake pron zone. About 5000 to 6000 times earthquakes shake the state of Alaska in a year.
- Alaska is also very famous for maximum numbers of mountain peaks. About twenty highest mountain peaks in USA, seventeen of them are found in Alaska.
- The state flag of Alaska contains star constellation Ursa Major or Big digger with blue deep back ground color. Here blue background represents ocean,mountains and skies. It was designed by a 13-year-old boy Benny Benson of Seward in 1927.
- Alaska is also famous for major numbers of coastlines. Most of the coastlines in America are situated in Alaska.
- America’s largest national forest Tongass is in Alaska. It’s about three times the size of airplane runner-ups.
- The First Hollywood fictional movie The Thing was completely shoot in John Carpenter’s Studio in 1982,which is located in Antarctica, Alaska.
- There are more than 3,000 rivers and about 3 million lakes in Alaska. The famous melting river Onyx and the famous lake Brownworth is in down of Alaska’s Glaciers.
- Alaska is the only state that does not collect state sales tax or levy as an individual income tax.
- Alaska has more inland water than any other states in USA.
- Alaska is the only state to have coastlines on the edge of three different Seas: the Arctic Ocean, Pacific Ocean and Bering Sea..
- Alaska is famous for most numbers of Glaciers in the world.More than half of the world’s glaciers are found in Alaska. About 5 percent of Alaska is covered by 1,000-plus glaciers in the state.
- Alaska has the lowest population density in the nation at one person per square mile.
- If New York City had the same population density as Alaska, only 16 people would be living in Manhattan.
- Giant vegetables are very common in Alaska due to the extremely long days in summer.Alaska has grown a record cabbage weighing in at 94 pounds.
- The Pribilof Islands are home to the largest seal colony with over one million seals.
- About 52 percent of Alaskans are men – the highest percentage of any state.
Thanks for reading. If you like this Article please share, like and comment. You can also give us feedback so that we can more improvised our Articles.