Interesting Facts About Hanging Garden Of Babylon. There are many architectures which are now not exist. Existence of these architectures are known from historical manuscripts,
ruins, engraved and scripted documents by the historians. Such a most popular hidden secret of history is Hanging Garden of Babylon. Please find the collected information about Hanging Garden of Babylon below.
Interesting Facts About Hanging Garden Of Babylon
- Babel is the earlier name of Babylon which means confusion. Babylon was the capital city of Babylonia in Mesopotamia which is 110 kilometer from south of Baghdad.
- Babylon was considered as one of the seven wonders of the world. Seven wonders of the worlds are as follow:
- Great Pyramid of Giza
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- Statue of Zeus at Olympia
- Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
- Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- Colossus of Rhodes
- Light house of Alexandria.
- The Babylon garden built under the kingdom of Nebuchadnezzar 2 in (605 BC-562 BC). It was said that Babylon had become one of the most splendid cities of the ancient world in that time.
- Nebuchadnezzar ordered the complete reconstruction of the imperial grounds, including rebuilding the Etemenanki temple and the construction of the Ishtar Gate.The Ishtar Gate survives today in the Pergamon Museum in Berlin. Etemenanki temple of the foundation of heaven and earth, it was later replaced by the Lighthouse of Alexandria, Ishtar gate was constructed by the Babylon King Nebuchadnezzar II It was the 8th gate of the city of Babylon and was the main entrance into the city. The Ishtar Gate was made to beautify empire’s capital.
- Babylon garden was built by Nebuchadnezzar II to make his wife happy. She was homesick for the plants and gardens of her homeland.
- The gardens were looked like a large green mountain ,constructed of mud bricks.
- Now a days it is said that Babylon was a mythical history.
- The park extended four plethra on each side,and since the approach to the garden sloped like a hillside and the several parts of the structure rose from one another tier on tier.
- The Babylon garden was 75 feet high above the land ,water would have had to have been supplied to the top of the gardens by a water irrigation system.
- It was said if the garden was exist than it was vanished or destroyed by earthquake.
- In the hanging garden of Babylon the plants were grown on different level of terrace.
- Diordorus Siculus was greek historian described the gardens area with 400 feet wide by 400 feet long,and the wall of the garden were above 80 feet high.
If you like this article than please like and share with your friends.If you have some informative thoughts about this article than please give your valuable feedbackThanking you,