Let Us Know About :Solomon Island
1 year ago Sumit Gupta 0
Let Us Know About :Solomon Island, today I am going to discuss about Solomon island located in pacific ocean South America.
Solomon Island is a group of 1000 Island and touches the edge of east of Papua New guinea and north west of Vanuau.
How people survive in Let Us Know About :Solomon Island
- Solomon island is the country located in pacific ocean and it touches the edge east of Papua New guinea and north west of Vanuau.
- Solomon Island is a group of Islands, Solomon island is a sovereign country. It has 6 major Islands.
- Solomon Island covers the 28400 kilometer land area.
- Germany and Britain divide Solomon Island between them and Solomon Island got freedom on 7th July 1978 by Britain.
- When Solomon Island was a part of Britain, it was known as Britain Solomon Island.
- Honiara is the capital of Solomon Island and situated on Guadalcanal Island.
- The Spanish navigator Avaro-De-Mendanawas the first European to visit this island and giving the name Soloman Islas (in Latin meaning Solomon Islands).
- After getting the independence the country has taken its name from the Solomon island archipelago(a group of islands) to Solomon Island.
- Solomon Island is Monarchy Constitution country(It means a country is self governed but under the monarchy of other country) and Queen Elizabeth II is the head of this country.
- In 1975 Papua New Guinea got independent from Australia.
- Sir Peter Kenilorea was the first Prime Minister of Solomon Island.
- On 4th April 2007 a tsunami killed 52 people and destroyed more than 900 homes and many people became homeless,it is also called center of earth quake.
- Solomon Island is member of many international organization which are as follow.
- United Nation
- Common Wealth
- Pacific Island Forum
- South Pacific Commission
- International Monetary Fund
- European Union
- Pacific Countries
Let us know about economic condition of Solomon Island
- GDP of Solomon Island is $600 per capita
- It is under developed countries and more than 75% of people are engaged in fishing.
- Natural resources of Solomon Island is fishing,timber,lead,zinc,nickle,gold and palm oil.
- There are lots of islands in this country. But this country is lacking in tourism due to lack of infrastructure and limited transportation.
- There are only two radio stations in this country. There is no TV channels due to signal problem. There is only one daily news paper printing in the country that is Island Sun.
- Rugby Union is the main sports game of Solomon Island.
- Mt Popomanaseu is highest mount peak(23400 feet from sea level) is located in Guadalcanal at Solomon island.
- Kavachi known as underwater volcano which situated in Solomon island.
- China,Thailand,Japan, Newzeland,Malaysia,Australia and Singapore are the trading partners of Solomon island.
- In Solomon island education is not compulsory for every one ,so many schools gives free education here.
- In Solomon island the houses are built by cement and timber.
- In Solomon island there are different toilets for men and women.
- The main food of Solomon island is fish and seashells.
- There are approx 70 languages are spoken in Solomon island but official language of Solomon island is English.
- 5,61,231 is the current population of Solomon island(according to census 2013)
- In Solomon island there are different marriage traditions of different cultures. In most of the traditional marriage groom’s family give compensation to bribe’s family for loosing of a family member.