REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO: Central Africa, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, also known as DR Congo, DRC, DROC, RDC, Congo-Kinshasa, or simply Congo is a country located in Central Africa.
Congo is a small country in Central Africa. It is bordered by Cameroon and Central African Republic to the north, Democratic Republic of the Congo to the east, Angola to the south and Gabon to the west. It also has a coastline along the South Atlantic Ocean to the southwest.
REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO: Central Africa
Why Republic Of Congo famous in World?
The political stability and development of hydrocarbon production made the Republic of the Congo the fourth largest oil producer in the Gulf of Guinea, The Congo River is the second largest river in the world by discharge, and the world’s deepest river with measured depths in excess of 220 m and mount Nyiragongo is an active stratovolcano with an elevation of 3470 m in the Virunga Mountains associated with the Albertine Rift. Congo has large iron ore deposits and a vast agricultural potential.
Origin of Republic Of Congo: REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO: Central Africa
On 30 April 1891 this was renamed Colony of French Congo, consisting of Gabon and Middle Congo, the name the French gave to Congo-Brazzaville at that time. … Congo-Brazzaville gained autonomy on the November 28, 1958 and independence from France on the August 15, 1960.
Population of Republic Of Congo
- The current population of the Republic of the Congo is 4,813,476.
- The population density in Congo is 14 per Km2 (37 people per mi2).
- The total land area is 341,079 Km2 (131,691 sq. miles)
- 66.7 % of the population is urban.
Official language of Republic Of Congo
The Democratic Republic of the Congo is a multilingual country where an estimated total of 242 languages are spoken. But the official language is French. Why people of Congo speaks french? the answer is below.The French Language spoken in the Democratic Republic of the Congo has many similarities with Belgian French. This is because the French Language was introduced to the country in its colonial period when it was under Belgian rule.
The majority follow Christian beliefs (mainly Roman Catholic: 50%), with most of the remainder following animist belief systems (48%). There are small Protestant and Muslim minorities.
Agriculture, oil production and export, and forestry are the main economic activities.Oil being the main revenue earner for Congo. The contribution of agriculture towards GDP is over 5%. Forestry is the principal agricultural activity of this African country. Other agricultural products grown include sugar, coffee, peanuts, corn, cassava, cocoa, and rice.
Australia and Congo have had excellent trades records since 1999.
Republic of the Congo maintains an Embassy in New Delhi.
Russia has an embassy in Brazzaville.
The Congo was a major oil exporter to Korea.
REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO: Central Africa.
Bizarre facts about Republic of congo
- The capital is Brazzaville.
- The Congo River that flows through Congo is the deepest river at an amazing 220m deep, and the second largest river in the world.
- The rainforest is located in central Africa.
- The forests of the Congo Basin contain the greatest number of mammals, primates, birds, amphibians, fish and swallowtail butterflies in Africa. More than a 1,000 species of bird can be found here.
- The Congo rainforest is the only place in the world where all three subspecies of gorillas can be found. They are the mountain gorilla, lowland gorilla, and the eastern lowland gorilla.
- Bonobos are found only in the Congo rainforest, they are the closest relatives to human beings.
- The most dense parts of the rainforest only 1% of the sunlight reaches the ground.
- Its industry consists of petroleum extraction, lumber, cement, brewing, sugar, soap and palm oil.
- Congo exports lumber, petroleum, sugar, cacao and plywood.