Snake Island Brazil: Dare To Live. Today I am going to tell you about the most dangerous island of the world which located on the coast of Brazil in the Atlantic Ocean.
Ilha De Queimada Grande(snake island) is the name of this island and here the government ruled by the Golden Pit Vipers snakes,the most dangerous and venom snake in the earth.
Snake Island Brazil: Dare To Live
- There is some stories behind this island
- A result of deforestation the island is partly covered in rain forest and bare rock and grassy cleared areas,actually the name queimada is taken from the deforestation , the term “Queimada”, in Portuguese, means to slash and burn because when locals people attempted to clear land for a banana plantation on the island, they had to clear rain forest using this technique.
- Snake island has a variety of vegetation.
- The island is 676 ft above the sea level.
- Brazil the island is covers the land area 4,30,000 meter square, and the snake island is the smallest island but full of varieties of snakes.
- The island was closed for public in order to protect snake island population. Only the research team have a order to visit the snake island as per the government rule.
- The administration of Ilha Da Queimada island is come under the municipality of state Sao Paulo.
- The snake island only have a home of endangered, venomous, Golden Lancehead(which has diet of birds).
- Snake island has a temperate climate.
- The island is small in size, and has and has many different types of terrain, ranging from bare rock to rain forest.
- A light house was constructed to steer the ships from the island ,the island operated by a single family,but in 1920 the family was found dead as a said that the golden lanceheads enter the family residence and killed all the members. Now a days the light house is automatic under control by Brazilian navy.
- One story tells of a fisherman who lost power in the engines of his boat.After drifting to the island he ventured inland, unaware of the terrors that lay in wait.When his boat was eventually discovered, he was found dead in a pool of blood covered in snake bites.
- lancehead ( bothrop insularies ), golden lancehead is one of the most poisonous snake in the world,the snake is 3 to 5 times stronger than mainland snake.
- Golden lenchead has a capacity to melt the human flesh.
- It is the only place in the globe where bothropes insularis(golden lancehead ) can be found. In every one square meter there are at least five bothropes live. Golden lancehead are responsible for 90 percent of all snakebite-related deaths in Brazil.
- The island has an area of 430 000 square meters. Due to the most venom species in this island the Brazilian navy closed the island for public.
- Golden lancehead grows at length of 46 inches maximum.
- Its diet consists mostly of birds, although it has been reported to eat lizards and even cannibalize on other snakes.
let us see the video of most deadly snake on globe.
The video powered by :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eTTiorMmR0
Thanks for reading this article. If you like this article please like share and comment.