Vatican City: The Beauty Of World
1 year ago Sumit Gupta 0
Vatican City: The Beauty Of World. Vatican city is the smallest sovereign state in the world by both area and population. Which is situated in the city of Rome at Italy. There are only 800 people live in a land of 100 hectare. Vatican city also known holy place for Christians.
Vatican city also known for popes. on 7 June 1929 Vatican City got independent. Vatican City is governed as an absolute monarchy with the pope at its head. The Vatican mints its own Euros, prints its own stamps, issues passports and license plates, operates media outlets and has its own flag and anthem.
Vatican City: The Beauty Of World, you just loved to visit this beautiful country
Let us see history of Vatican city:
The dispute between the Italian government and the Catholic Church ended in 1929 with the signing of the Lateran Pacts, which allowed the Vatican to exist as its own sovereign state and compensated the church $92 million (more than $1 billion in today’s money) for the Papal States. The Vatican used the payment as seed money to re-grow its coffers. Mussolini, the head of the Italian government, signed the treaty on behalf of King Victor Emmanuel III. The name “Vatican” was already in use in the time of the Roman Republic.Even before the arrival of Christianity, it is supposed that this originally uninhabited part of Rome had long been considered sacred, or at least not available for habitation.
Economy of Vatican city:
Economy of Vatican City is supported financially by contributions from Roman Catholics throughout the world, the sale of postage stamps and tourist mementos, fees for admission to museums, and the sale of publications.
Geography of Vatican city:
Vatican City sits on a low hill. The hill has been called the Vatican Hill.The country contains no major natural resources, and no known natural hazards other than those that affect Rome in general, such as earthquakes.
Religious of Vatican city:
Vatican City is home to the Holy See, which is the jurisdiction of the Roman Catholic Church. Due to this, every citizen of Vatican City (which is run by the Holy See) is Catholic,Catholicism is a Christian religion that is one of the first Christian religions (founded after the death of Jesus in about 30-33 AD). Catholicism believes that there is a single God who created everything, a savior, the son of God, Jesus Christ.
The ethnicity of the people of Vatican City is quite unique and in a way matches the ethnicities of the people that practice Roman Catholicism. The country is home to many Roman Catholic priests and cardinals, who come from all over the world, including much of Europe, South and North America. Most of the residents (who are not citizens) are ethnic Italians, as they live and work in the country, but are originally from Rome or elsewhere in Italy. The current head of state is Argentine.
Official language of Vatican city:
There is no official language in Vatican City, although most communication is done in Italian, English, French, German, or Spanish.
Why Vatican city is so famous around the globe:
Vatican City contains many interesting historical buildings and museums that art enthusiasts and history buffs will find appealing. St. Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel are two of the city’s most popular buildings that are home to some of the most famous art in the world. They include works by artists such as Berinini, Botticelli, Raphael and Michelangelo. The Vatican Library and the collections of the Vatican Museums also contain many fascinating artifacts that are of the highest historical, scientific and cultural importance. St. Peter’s Basilica is the world’s largest church.
Defense of Vatican city:
There are no political parties in the country, but all cardinals under the age of 80 have the vote in electoral issues within the Church. Internally, the Swiss Guard has been responsible for the personal safety of the Pope since 1506, but in reality, its function is ceremonial and policing of the state is left to the Civil Guard. There is no military arm, and Italy takes responsibility for defense.
- European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations (CEPT)
- European Telecommunication Satellite Organization (EUTELSAT)
- International Grains Council (IGC)
- International Institute of Administrative Sciences (IISA)
- International Telecommunications Satellite Organization (ITSO)
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- Universal Postal Union (UPU)
Vatican City is a popular destination for tourists. The main tourist attractions in Vatican City include the
- Saint Peter’s Square
- The Vatican Museums
- The Sistine Chapel
- The Raphael Rooms
Tourism is one of the principal sources of revenue in the economy of Vatican City. About 4.3 million tourists visited the Vatican Museums alone.
Let us read some interesting facts about Vatican city:
- Vatican Bank is a bank situated in the Vatican that conducts worldwide financial activities.
- The song Miserere was composed by Gregorio Allegri during the reign of Pope Urban VIII.
- In 1997, the Vatican defended Pokemon when it was criticized for being pro-evolution by other Christian groups.
- Pope Benedict XVI was accused of conspiracy to Rome’s Saint Peter’s stationcover up sexual abuse in the United States, but at the Vatican’s request, president George W. Bush Granted him immunity from prosecution.
- In Vatican city there is no any procedure for divorce.
- The Vatican statistically has the World’s highest crime rate.
- Galileo was placed under house arrest by The Holy Office until his death in 1642 for defending his views about the Earth not being the center of the universe.
- Vatican City has a national football team.
- There are no taxes, no restrictions on the import or export of funds, and no customs or excise duties payable in the Vatican City.
- Vatican City has a heliport connecting to the Rome airport for the convenience of foreign visitors.
- The 862-meter (about half a mile) rail track that connects to the Italian network at Rome’s Saint Peter’s station. This is used solely for carrying freight.
- The Vatican is home to the current tourists group known as the Haboos, Pope Francis, and it is also currently the one papal state.
- Telephone services began in 1929.